Changes happen. Manage them.
Change is inevitable. If not managed correctly it can be costly and even dangerous.
AutoSave for System Platform unites the automation industry’s most advanced change management and version control software with Wonderware’s System Platform solutions, to create the ultimate automation control environment where valuable assets are secured, documented and readily available for rapid disaster recovery.
Lower Risk and Increase ControlThe key to “undoing” an undesirable program change is to maintain a history of all revisions. With AutoSave for System Platform, users can access and restore prior copies of objects (graphics, templates, instance and more) which is essential in restoring plant applications quickly and correctly.
Detect Differences in VersionsAutoSave for System Platform provides the ability to compare any two versions of an object with detailed identification of changes.
Gain Insight into Object AssociationsA template may have many instances; AutoSave for System Platform provides the ability to see how one object is associated with others.
Restore Object Changes Following a Galaxy RestorationIf a Galaxy becomes corrupted and must be restored from a backup, AutoSave for System Platform can provide object updates that occurred immediately prior to the event.
Capture Changes as They are Made
The AutoSave for System Platform server software runs on the Galaxy Repository (GR) system and acts as a monitor of incoming activity while capturing changes as they are made. By actively managing the GR, AutoSave for System Platform can track changes for multiple users, simultaneously. AutoSave for System Platform has an intuitive client interface that provides access to historical data archived in the AutoSave Server. This includes graphical objects, templates, client controls and managed InTouch applications.
- Additional tabs of information, such as “Inheritance” and “Derivation”, provide
additional data that is not found in the IDE.
- Operations are a single-click away to provide users with the ability to compare or restore to a prior revision of a graphical object or template.
In order to properly safeguard their automation environment, users must manage changes during each major phase of the automated manufacturing process.
Realize Benefits During All Phases of Operation
- In the Design and Build phases of the project to capture and track changes and manage conflict between users developing the system..
- During the Operate phase to manage changes and identify causes of downtime, or problems that may occur.
- During the Maintenance phase to adapt to process changes and enhancements, and to access historical data.
Installation of the AutoSave software is simple, with an automated export of data from the Wonderware Galaxy Repository into the AutoSave system. Once installed, AutoSave for System Platform works in the background and is updated whenever changes occur in the Wonderware Galaxy Repository.
Ease of Use
AutoSave for System Platform can be up and managing changes within a facility in three steps.
- Install the AutoSave Server: This is the archive/repository for the revision, user, client and other information. It can be a new installation or expansion of your existing AutoSave installation.
- Install AutoSave for System Platform: Installed on the Galaxy Repository, this will update the database and install as a service, monitoring for any incoming activity or changes.
- Run the Galaxy Export: The final step is to export the entire Galaxy into AutoSave to establish a baseline for all objects.
At the heart of AutoSave for System Platform is change management technology from MDT, the company that invented change management software for programmable devices nearly 30 years ago. Today, the world’s largest manufacturers safeguard their automation systems with MDT AutoSave to secure software assets, reduce time and problems related to changes, comply with regulatory requirements for audit trails and change authorization, and provide rapid recovery from failures.
Built Upon the Industry’s Most Advanced Change Management and Version Control Software