In addition to AutoSave modules supporting specific applications, MDT offers Add-On Modules to enhance overall system capabilities.
AutoSave Add-On Modules
AD Integration is an add-on feature in AutoSave that maps user information and grouping, defined in your Active Directory, into Groups in AutoSave. Features include:
Click here to read more on how this add-on feature works and example mapping scenarios.
The Program Export Event Module is an add-on module to AutoSave that allows users to export a copy of an AutoSave program when a new revision of the program is created. There are numerous reasons why this is useful:
- It can ensure that a current copy of any program is still accessible locally in case your network disrupts access to the AutoSave server.
- Automation devices can pull files into the device instead of only through AutoSave’s normal download process when necessary.
- Corporate IT can be assured that the latest copy of all the automation programs that run the facility are backed up off-site for comparison, analysis or disaster recovery.
The Program Importer application expedites the creation of new programs in AutoSave. The utility configures AutoSave programs from a bulk data source (Microsoft Excel.) Program data that can be created with this utility include folder, program paths, program name, location and more.
The AutoSave Reports module further enhances the reporting capability of AutoSave by allowing you to generate over 100 unique reports from the historical data stored in AutoSave’s database. AutoSave reports can help manufacturers to:
- Measure the efficiency of the plant and identify bottlenecks
- Track and identify unauthorized changes
- Troubleshoot problems with site networking, devices issues, etc.
- Gain visibility into the productivity of the the plant (i.e. how much downtime per device, program errors, see if there is a large number of changes taking place.)
- See historical program data; possibly going back years.
- Track the details showing what is running in processors (i.e firmware, software versions.)
- Manage the approval and workflow process in regulated environments and much more.
For most areas of manufacturing, AutoSave device modules provide a sufficient level of change control. For areas that require the added features of electronic signatures and workflow approval, MDT’s AutoSave Device Program Approval and Audit Trail Module provides the following support:
- Electronic signature approvals (21CFR11 compliant)
- Multiple review statuses
- Verification and confirmation processes
- Additional security features: specialized user group permissions, electronic log messages, configurable approval messages and more.